Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Caulment marine Dec 09, 2017 6:23 pm #17109

• honda cat
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 222

I visited Calumet Marine for the first time this year. I talked to Frank for a second just about an alumacraft traxtech part. Cabelas hooked up my GPS to the Marine radio but they were surprised I asked - I guess most guys dont want it hooked up. Just an FYI if you reset your Fishfinder or do software upgrade you may have to turn the connection back on in the FishFinder (Mine flipped off after a software upgrade and didnt notice at first until my cousin looked at the radio for the GPS coordinates and it was not showing).

GREAT POINT THANKS FOR BRINGING UP TAXES

Now if Frank would just move to the other side of the state line so we didn't have to pay crook county taxes!!!

if we ship you your stuff over the state line we don't change sales tax also if you live in Indiana and buy a boat and trailer from us Indiana don't tax boat motors like out boards. Seen the price of a new big hp OUT BOARD Lately ? this is a huge savings for the buyer the fact that we are in IL is not with out disadvantages and we would like to move but in the mean time there are some really good reasons why our friends and neighbors from Indiana need to give calumet marine a serious look !! we are not big and fancy but you are not buying your soda pop here taxes in the case of buying a boat you should be looking on this side of the state line
stop by any time taxes are taxes and we don't do any thing illegal but we know how to best service our customers with taxes or their mechanical problems
Frank Martin
USCG Captain - 50 Ton Master
Great Lakes Inland Waterways
Near shore Salt water
Towing assist
owner Calumet Marine .com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by honda cat.

Caulment marine Dec 09, 2017 7:02 pm #17111

• BigEdV
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Winter Maintenance
  • Thank you received: 361
Frank it was more of a tongue in cheek comment. You have a long time presence where you are at and I know in business how important that is. It didn't deter me from buying a couple of spoons from you when I was there :). Much like Slez bait, you do not have everything that a fisherman might want but you have what they NEED (at least from my couple of times being in your place this year). I am sure now that I know how to park and get into the store, you will see more of me next year (not sure if that is a good thing or not for you LOL).
-Eddo-

2014 Alumacraft competitor 175 aka "The Geek Squad"

Caulment marine Dec 10, 2017 7:59 am #17112

• honda cat
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 222
Thank you ed your comments and of course your business is greatly appreciated
Frank Martin
USCG Captain - 50 Ton Master
Great Lakes Inland Waterways
Near shore Salt water
Towing assist
owner Calumet Marine .com

• Page: