• Lickety-Split
  • Lickety-Split's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1740
Remington to file for bankruptcy protection
by Jeff Helsdon | February 14, 2018

Remington

Rumours of troubles at Remington were proven to be true on Feb. 12 when the outdoor giant announced it had reached an agreement with its creditors allowing them to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

Remington Outdoor Company Inc. is one of America’s oldest gun manufacturers. The company currently produces guns and ammunition under the Remington name, manufactures Marlin firearms, and is the owner of Barnes Bullets.

A press release issued on Feb. 12 outlined the terms of the agreement and financing details. The company reached a restructuring agreement with its creditors in regards to $700 million of debt.

The good news is consumers shouldn’t see any difference in Remington products on the shelf.

“Remington’s business operations will continue to operate in the normal course and will not be disrupted by the restructuring process,” a company press release stated. “Payments to trade partners, employee wages and other benefits, support for customers, and an ongoing high level of service to consumers will continue without interruption.”

Remington’s bankruptcy comes in the wake of a tough year for the firearms industry in the United States. Several media sources have reported that U.S. President Donald Trump’s commitment to gun owners, and a Republican-controlled Congress and White House have reduced fears of tougher gun control laws, resulting in slumping sales across the industry.
Lickety-Split

Life is not measured by the breaths you take
but by the moments that take your breath away
The following user(s) said Thank You: bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Remington To File For Bankruptcy Protection Feb 15, 2018 3:31 pm #17553

• Steelie Don
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Thank you received: 514
I have been a big supporter of "Big Green"for years. I own a fair amount of them to this day. Part of their issues are of their own making. Touted as a working man's firearm they used to be a quality firearm at a reasonable price. Now they are producing inferior quality guns at high prices. The machinery is needing upgrading and quality control is non-existent. I would not buy a new rifle of theirs at near any price. Issues such as key holing barrels and uncrowned barrels and yes even barrels that have been bored eccentrically I have personally seen. I guess if it goes boom they were happy. They have had problems before financially I am sure they will survive the glut of guns on the market now. They need to clean up their image.
My Searunner 190, "Four "D's" and a "C". Retirement money well spent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lickety-Split

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: