• Page:

TOPIC:

Indiana Fisheries Workshop #2 Sep 08, 2023 5:31 am #38226

• Lickety-Split
  • Lickety-Split's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1740
I am beginning to put together another Indiana workshop covering different items in the fishery. Last spring we had Matt Kornis (Federal Biologist from Wisconsin) who gave his information on Lake wide coded wire tag information for both Kings and Steelhead. In that we learned that our kings and steel are traveling large distances across the lake. Wisconsin and Michigan catch a good percentage of Indiana's fish as they work across the lake. Ben went into more detail on the Predator Prey Ratio. Ed Blisseck gave an update on the Great Lakes Salmon Initiative. And I gave a presentation on Mixsawbah Fish Hatchery,,. Indiana's King Factory.

This coming spring we will be hosting another Workshop. Forage base, and stomach sampling for both Lake Michigan and Huron will be covered. There will be more items listed as the time gets closer.
We will be at the Ike's again in Portage right off RT.249. Looking for probably around first part of February
Lickety-Split

Life is not measured by the breaths you take
but by the moments that take your breath away
The following user(s) said Thank You: bob, Tmik34, dogsbestfriend, Paul_L, little bill, edac

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Lickety-Split.

Indiana Fisheries Workshop #2 Sep 10, 2023 5:24 am #38233

• BNature
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1386
Looking forward to it. Hopefully there won't be a conflict with my "hiding from winter" itinerary as was the case last year.  
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lickety-Split

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: