Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

deckhand Mar 06, 2024 4:13 pm #38807

• For Reel
  • For Reel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Good afternoon. I was reaching out to see if anyone needed any help on their charter boats this summer. My son is 17 and looking to get on with a charter boat for a couple days a week job. He loves the outdoors and fishing, is a hard worker and been getting out of bed at the crack of dawn with me since a young age. He's a good kid, gets good grades, and doesn't get in trouble. He plays on the Munster High School football team and has summer workouts, but he would like to work a few days a week, this summer. We just started Lake Michigan trolling last year so he doesn't have much experience, but he's been fishing since about 4 years old. I was just reaching out to see if any of you had any need for his help or know any charter boat captains that would. (preferably out of Portage or Pastrick) Feel free to call me to discuss or pass on my number. Thanks for any help or info.                                                                                                   

Gust Efantis (773) 490-7956.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

deckhand Mar 06, 2024 4:41 pm #38808

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1683
I would have him contact all of the local charters and see if they need anyone.  Hopefully one will see this post as well and take you up on it.
Boatless!
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Reel

deckhand Mar 06, 2024 5:07 pm #38813

• bob
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 725
Have him come down to Marina Shores once the charters get their boats in. I can introduce him to a few of them. Late March or early April. Message me here and we can set something up. 

Sea Ray 290 Amberjack
Kelliann 4
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmik34, For Reel

deckhand Mar 13, 2024 3:41 am #38833

• BNature
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1386
One thing that may help him is to get enrolled in a Coast Guard approved random drug testing program. Captains and anyone working on a boat for hire on the Great Lakes are required to be in a program. Most captains with regular mates, pay for their helper's enrollment.  
The one I use is the Charterboat Consortium - check them out at www.charterboatdrugtest.com

This way, he can approach a captain, ask for a job and say, "I'm already in a drug testing program."  and show him his drug card. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: For Reel

• Page: