Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

How do you feel?????????? Sep 13, 2015 7:19 am #3388

• Lickety-Split
  • Lickety-Split's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1730
This weekends weather was a big bust for the last big tounament of the season " The Fall Salmon Slam"!

So if this tournament is not rescheduled, "How do you feel"??????????

Just curious to see how the rest of you feel. Should the following weekend have been tried for a reschedule or do you agree to just end it with this weekend. Please way in, would like to here from others.

Thanks,

Ed
Lickety-Split

Life is not measured by the breaths you take
but by the moments that take your breath away

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How do you feel?????????? Sep 13, 2015 7:27 am #3390

• bob
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 720
I wasn't going to do it anyway, but I do feel bad for the guys who were looking forward to it. They should have another weekend scheduled for reasons like this.
Sea Ray 290 Amberjack
Kelliann 4
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lickety-Split

How do you feel?????????? Sep 13, 2015 7:32 am #3391

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1679
Please - everyone chime in. It would be great to hear thoughts and opinions.

I for one think maybe should have a blow day (following day) and blow week perhaps. Tournaments are tough on LM because of the weather. I have always really enjoyed the Salmon Slam - feel Rich runs a good event and hate to see it not happen. The only thing I would change are some of the rules......well specifically Laker limits ;)
Boatless!

How do you feel?????????? Sep 13, 2015 9:50 am #3393

• Cruise
  • Thank you received: 7
I agree they should have scheduled another week. Especially since there were tons of donations made , food, and the donations for the raffle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lickety-Split, Kickr

How do you feel?????????? Sep 13, 2015 9:52 am #3394

• Spoon-Fed
  • Thank you received: 6
I was one of those looking forward to it all year. Having opted out of the Pro Am this year for weather reasons as well, having missed other opportunities for local tournaments because of work schedules or equipment issues, I thought at least I would be able to make this one and the stars would be in alignment. On one hand I'm glad that safety was paramount and a tournament wasn't forced into happening just for the sake of having one. Nail on the head regarding weather on our Great lake. I know that short of a crystal ball no weather service ever gets it exactly right but I think more contingency planning could be put into place for poor weather occurrences such as these. I would have liked, or would like rather, to see another shot and putting this tourney on another weekend. I'm naïve when it comes to what goes into tourney preparation but for the sake of the club, its sponsors, members, etc., it would be nice to see it happen. Dirty, regarding your rule change statement regarding lakers, I called specifically about that a few weeks ago because I thought the spring tourney had a limit of 2 lakers of your 5 fish weigh-in and wanted to double-check. I guess that limit was supposed to be the same intention for the slam but an oversight allowed it to be excluded in the wording of the rules and thus it made it to print already so they left it. If that makes you feel any better.

Where do we sign the petition? LOL

How do you feel?????????? Sep 13, 2015 10:35 am #3395

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1679
Here is probably as good a place as any lol. Good to know that their intentions were to limit lakers.
Boatless!

How do you feel?????????? Sep 13, 2015 10:48 am #3396

• gcundercover
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 63
I wasn't participating but think it is a good idea to plan for a rain out date as well as a rain out "weekend". If it's put into the rules ahead of time, everyone knows what's up and can plan accordingly. It's a shame that all the efforts and donations are riding on one weekend only. Not that hard of a question unless I'm missing something.....

How do you feel?????????? Sep 13, 2015 10:57 am #3397

• BNature
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1385
Most of the tourneys would have a hard time going to a second weekend because there are so many tournaments. However, this one, coming at the season's end could be postponed to the following week. I often scrap Plan A for Plan B then go on to Plan C, if needed.

Weather pizzed me off, for sure. I lost 4 charters!

How do you feel?????????? Sep 13, 2015 7:16 pm #3404

• OnceOver
  • Thank you received: 43
I wished they had a backup weekend as well. I always look forward to tourney dates. My vote would be push it to the next weekend, especially in the fall when weather is always tough due to the North winds causing large waves.

How do you feel?????????? Sep 13, 2015 7:57 pm #3406

• Baron2150
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 313
I would be all for having next Saturday as an option for the Slam as well. Having done well in the Powder Puff this year I was pretty pumped to get back at it. I do understand there are many volunteers who pretty much dedicated this weekend to the Slam and I appreciate that. Would they dedicate another weekend? As for the Laker rule I'm on the fence. They can be large, they are a game fish and a Salmonoid. I have a feeling we are all going to need to fine tune our Laker Skills moving forward with the decline in Kings. I say the rule is fine and adds an additional element of strategy to live or die by. I say "let there be grease".
Team Rippin'Lips