• Page:

TOPIC:

Lake Erie Perch Fishing Aug 04, 2017 12:13 pm #15852

• Lickety-Split
  • Lickety-Split's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1742
Any of you fellas go out there for the perch? I see that they are starting to get some in different spots. Have always just fished the walleye in fall to winter but never the perch. Any information would be appeciated.
Lickety-Split

Life is not measured by the breaths you take
but by the moments that take your breath away

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lake Erie Perch Fishing Aug 06, 2017 2:15 pm #15868

• Wallin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 266
I havent yet but you can do both in 1 trip, just need to go east they say.
Tom

Lake Erie Perch Fishing Aug 06, 2017 4:51 pm #15870

• Regulator
  • Thank you received: 29
The people I have talked to said that they start catching them good regularly in late August with the best time being in September. I plan on going this fall when I hear that they are doing good. I will probably go out of Luna Pier. Ive fished out of there before- easy and quick access to the lake.

Lake Erie Perch Fishing Aug 06, 2017 5:22 pm #15871

• Thundercat
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 287
Depends if you want jumbos or not. You should be able to get limits of perch up to 10 " in summer thru fall in Ohio Waters in the Western Basin. Good spot is between Rattlesnake and Green Island. I was there for a week, a couple weeks ago and there were about 60 boats fishing for perch on calm days. 2 years ago we went on a 3 day charter for jumbos in mid Sept, northeast of Pelee and south of the shipping lanes on the dumping grounds. We did well on perch 11 to 15 inches. We brought back about 370 jumbo perch.
Last Sept (mid Sept) we went to same spot but no jumbos and then tried north of the shipping lanes by the helicopter pad. We fished fished Ohio waters, the next 2 days and limited, only a few over 10 to 11''. The water temperature has to drop to bring in the jumbos. We are going again in mid Sept.
You need a Canadian license and it is about a 1 hour ride. If you want to stay in Ohio waters you need to go to Central Basin or the East Basin. October and November are good months but likely you will have high winds, or the November Witches
Bruce
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lickety-Split, northwind

• Page: