• Page:

TOPIC:

Frankfort Holiday Sep 06, 2017 7:12 am #16450

• netminder34
  • netminder34's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 104
Haven't been fishing much but took the boat up to Frankfort Mi for the holiday weekend hoping to get out on the old stomping grounds for some needed fishing time. Spent some time with family so didnt get out as much as I would have liked as the fish seem to be putting in a good showing up north. I did manage to leave the dock early on Saturday morning and headed around the corner into Platte Bay. With some good reports from friends from the end of last week I was pretty hopeful to put a few in the boat. Started in East Bay around Otter Creek and headed south into the bowl in 120fow, set riggers at 45 and 55, dipseys at 90 and 110, had a 10 color on one side and 100 copper on the other with a mix of mostly plugs and wood chucks, a couple spoons, and SD/F combo. First pass had a hard time getting things set and went 3 for ? on Coho, finally got all 6 rods set and picked away at them for a couple hours to end up 7 for 12ish, 2 Kings and 5 Coho. Fishing had slowed down that morning of course since I had some time to get out but we managed to put up a good showing and boated more fish than everyone I talked to. Had a chance to get out for a few hours Monday night so I hit the Frankfort harbor. Marked a bunch of fish, Kings surfacing all around but no takers and didnt see anyone boat a fish. Unfortunately back to the grind today maybe a little more fishing in the near future as deer season is right around the corner.
Jeff
17' Smokercraft "Kings Ransom 2.0"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pikesmith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Frankfort Holiday Sep 06, 2017 8:31 am #16452

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1683
Sounds like a good trip. Better than fishing around here lately :unsure:
Boatless!

Frankfort Holiday Sep 07, 2017 9:45 am #16470

• netminder34
  • netminder34's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 104
Overall a good trip and some needed time with family. My wife's Aunt, Uncle and Cousin's came up from Texas so that took out some of my planned fishing time but hadn't seen them in several years so it was a willing loss of fishing time.

Here are some scenery pics anyway, seems all the pics of the fish are too large.
Jeff
17' Smokercraft "Kings Ransom 2.0"

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: bob, Pikesmith, Wallin

Frankfort Holiday Sep 07, 2017 5:31 pm #16480

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1683
Good shots! If you are uploading the pics via phone you may need to downsize them prior. Depending on the phone there are a number of ways to do this, and various users can help you out. Its alot of data to pass along, and if it is taking too long the script will timeout.
Boatless!

Frankfort Holiday Sep 07, 2017 8:41 pm #16483

• Wallin
  • Away
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 266
Looks great
Thanks for sharing
Tom

• Page: