Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Lake Erie, June 6-7 Jun 10, 2018 3:02 pm #19969

• Reeltales
  • Reeltales's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 61
Pulled my boat over to Monroe, MI, Sterling State Park. Two of us. Left Mishawaka at 6am and was on the water by 10am. Pulled limit (12) by 2:30. Fished in 23fow off the Raison River channel toward Stoney Point. ( about 2.5 mi offshore) Hot bait was a #7 Flicker shad with a half crawler on rear hook. After first three, set out another. All together 7 fish on those baits. One 50' back, 2oz snap wt, 40 more back (approx 18 down). Second was 60' back, 2oz snap wt. plus 35 more back. Outside board with bandit deep diver took two. Purple Irredescense. Rest were on crawler harnesses w/ bottom bouncers. Winds out of NW, water temp 67, trolling speed 1.6 - 1.8 gps.
Day two was totally different. Out of harbor by 7am into 3-4 footers, winds out of SSW 10-12mph. Set up a downwind drift in 17fow - no hits. Moved out (6mph) into the waves to 23fow same as day before. Again setup down wind drift with only three rods in water. 1-flicker shad and two bottom bouncers with crawler harnesses. Drift speed was approx 1.4mph. Boated 7 in first drift (approx 1.5 mi). Headed back into waves to starting point and finished up by noon. Wind laid down by 10:30 so had to fire up kicker. Best technique was lift and drop working BB's. Flicker shad only boated four second day (11/24 two days). All 24 fish were 16-20 inches. Only saw one fish over 25 at the cleaning station. Everyone catching limits.
Brest Bay offers fantastic fishing for walleyes in the Spring or until the water temps reach 70 degrees. Monroe is an easy drive and Sterling can accommodate nearly 150 trucks/trailers with 6 launch lanes. Also a great fish cleaning station. Hotels are just outside the park entrance - cheap to expensive. We paid $55 at a Days Inn w/ breakfast incl. Jeff's bait and tackle is next to the entrance. All the current fishing info is avail. Crawlers avail in flats if you wish. If you are looking for a different fishing experience, try walleye fishing on Erie. If you have any questions send me a pm and I will try to help.
18' StarCraft FishMaster - 90hp Suzuki 4S
Garmin 93S UHD
Dual Lowrance HDS / Chirp
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lickety-Split, reel fun, Pikesmith, Wallin, little bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lake Erie, June 6-7 Jun 11, 2018 5:20 pm #19994

• Wallin
  • Away
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 266
Congrats on a great trip. Sounds like a nice haul of some sweet filets.
Were heading over for sat and sun if the weather holds.
Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: