• Page:

TOPIC:

A little time to explore Aug 17, 2018 6:12 am #20935

• netminder34
  • netminder34's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 104
Well it was time to take a couple hours and get back in a boat. We have been working on the move and finding a new house so not much time to fish. Now that the new house has been found, most of the Packing in Indiana done I found a couple hours to test the flat bottom out after an impellor change. So I took my Sister and Brother in Law (who have been putting me up through this move) and headed to a lake a couple miles down the road from there place. Not much info on the place but had heard there were some crappie, gills, and perch I didn't need much more on thinking I needed to give it a go. Lake is a little over 120 acres and we found it to get 40 foot deep as far as I have explored so far. Started out drifting and watching a few other boats to get a feel but didn't seem to get much info or action so went to coving some water on a slow troll with crawler harnesses and the action started. Got into some crappie and gills but didn't boat any perch. Fished a couple hours and about a couple dozen average fish and a couple nice crappie. Released all fish for that trip but will likely be heading back to try for a fish fry or two soon. Labor Day weekend Salmon fishing out of Frankfort is starting to take shape.
Jeff
17' Smokercraft "Kings Ransom 2.0"

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A little time to explore Aug 17, 2018 6:19 am #20936

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1679
Excellent. Bet it feels good to get back out.
Boatless!

A little time to explore Aug 17, 2018 8:20 am #20939

• netminder34
  • netminder34's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 104
it felt good to take a small amount of time and do a little fishing, even though it wasn't chasing the big silver fish. A small scale, relaxing troll and boating a few panfish was just what the doctor ordered. Should be closing on the new house next week (we hope), the Indiana house was put on the market this week, so next week through the holiday are going to be some needed rest days from the moving chaos we have been in. I will post as the trips and pictures start to rack up before the move in phase starts.
Jeff
17' Smokercraft "Kings Ransom 2.0"

• Page: