Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How Can You Say Goodbye May 31, 2017 1:16 pm #14394

• netminder34
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 104
Its tough to lose a good hunting partner. I have been very fortunate to have had a couple hunting partners that have traveled the country with me, and I still miss but light up telling stories of the good times we shared. All of mine have been rescued from one place or another and there is nothing better than seeing that light in their eyes after a point and retrieve or sitting in a blind watching the sky together like with my current hunting buddy. They touch our lives for such a short time but leave lasting impressions and memories to cherish. I hope you find peace in the love, loyalty, and memories you received as she did.
Jeff
17' Smokercraft "Kings Ransom 2.0"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steelie Don, Plane to Sea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How Can You Say Goodbye May 31, 2017 1:36 pm #14395

• Steelie Don
  • Steelie Don's Avatar Topic Author
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Thank you received: 509

Don, sorry for your loss. My family has had 4 GSP's now. We had to have our first two boys "put down" after long full lives. Neither were easy decisions and the end of their lives were not high quality. I wasn't involved in the decision for Buddy. But my boy Buster was in rough shape for too long. One morning at breakfast he was on his bed in the kitchen with my dad and me, and he was having a really bad couple of days. He was going through up and down cycles with the downs increasing and the ups getting more and more infrequent. On this particular morning he refused his steamed beef and rice we had been feeding him. I tried to get him to eat a fresh piece of bacon and he refused. I told my mom and dad it's time. We probably waited too long looking back at it. I work as an RN now and have to help family's make tough decisions for their loved one's. I only wish we could extend the dignity we give our pets to each other. Keep your head up!

I don't see how you could do it twice as once is more than I want. Thank you for your insight.
My Searunner 190, "Four "D's" and a "C". Retirement money well spent.

How Can You Say Goodbye May 31, 2017 1:43 pm #14396

• Steelie Don
  • Steelie Don's Avatar Topic Author
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Thank you received: 509

Its tough to lose a good hunting partner. I have been very fortunate to have had a couple hunting partners that have traveled the country with me, and I still miss but light up telling stories of the good times we shared. All of mine have been rescued from one place or another and there is nothing better than seeing that light in their eyes after a point and retrieve or sitting in a blind watching the sky together like with my current hunting buddy. They touch our lives for such a short time but leave lasting impressions and memories to cherish. I hope you find peace in the love, loyalty, and memories you received as she did.

Thanks for thoughts as well S.S. Your last 2 lines sum up everything about being a hunting dog owner.
My Searunner 190, "Four "D's" and a "C". Retirement money well spent.

How Can You Say Goodbye Jun 05, 2017 8:20 pm #14495

• Jums
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 117
Sorry for your loss Don. I never had kids just my fur children and I know how hard it can be.
Handle- "Firefly"
2009 Hewes Craft Sea Runner 200
2016 Alumacraft Competitor 175
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steelie Don

• Page: