Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Coho Cabin Fever Tournament - April 6th, 2019 Mar 25, 2019 10:49 am #22867

• Plane to Sea
  • Thank you received: 210
Okay guys I know we are 12 days away from our Coho Cabin Fever Tournament but as of today the forecast for April 6th looks to be perfect. SSE 10 MPH, Partly cloudy, high of 57 degrees. Appears to be perfect for any size boat to participate. I have a feeling with that forecast & all the new guys on the website we should have over 30 boats registering for the tournament. Come on out, meet some great people and enjoy the competition!
FYI: The coho are starting to bite again and are getting bigger. Pretty sure 1st through 10th place will be within 1-2 lbs of each other.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty, bobejr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Coho Cabin Fever Tournament - April 6th, 2019 Mar 25, 2019 5:24 pm #22880

• Dirty
  • Dirty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1679
I am thinking there is a reasonable shot to have over 40 boats this year. It will be a great event and wonderful opportunity to get everyone together. I cant wait!
Boatless!

Coho Cabin Fever Tournament - April 6th, 2019 Mar 26, 2019 4:08 am #22886

• Ltrain
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 284
Hope you guys don't take all the coho out of the south end,lol My first time coho fishing ever will be on the 7th. I work Saturday mornings or else I'd sign up myself. Good luck everyone!
200hp Tohatsu
9.9hp Tohatsu
72" MK Ulterra Quest 36v
5 Li batteries
MK PCL 460
Trollsmarter
3 12" graphs- Lowrance Live,Carbon Simrad EVO 3
Simrad is40
Lowrance 3d
Airmar tm165hw
Lowrance 3in1
Lenco 4x12 tabs
Traxstech 72" , Berts 24" tracks
2 Big Jon Capt packs
MK 15' Talon
Lowrance autopilot

Coho Cabin Fever Tournament - April 6th, 2019 Mar 28, 2019 4:17 pm #22933

• Tmik34
  • Thank you received: 1091
Remember if you register in the morning or before hand the captains meeting is mandatory. I've been having a few questions about that. No shot gun start after the meeting we go fish.

Weather looks sunny and 50s right now hope it stays and looking forward to seeing old faces and meeting new! Good luck to all
-Lady M- Sea Ray 290 Amberjack

Coho Cabin Fever Tournament - April 6th, 2019 Mar 28, 2019 6:05 pm #22936

• Steelie Don
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Thank you received: 509
It's about a week away now, time to make your plans to get involved with the site and the tourney! It is all in good fun and weather permitting every boat out there stands a great chance to win this thing. Remember this is a coho contest not an all fish one. If you can pull a contest limit of coho from the lake you are in the running. Last years winner beat the crowd by a few ounces. There was some nice kings and steelhead taken at the tourney also but they only counted for the big fish pot. For those who don't know of me I live near the Ohio River in southern Indiana. My knowledge of the lake is way more limited than 90 percent of you folks that live around the lake. I am still learning the curve and I am enjoying it all. My point is this, me and my crew finished last season in 7th or 8th place, if I can be lucky enough to be just a few ounces out of the money you can too. All you got to do is come out and bring what little gear you need and get in on the fun. The other neat thing about this gathering is you get find out there are real guys behind all those neat radio call signs. It is a good way to make fishing friends and water alliances.

One last thing. Make sure you bring 2019 fishing permits with you as the'18's are set to expire!!
My Searunner 190, "Four "D's" and a "C". Retirement money well spent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty, bob, Tmik34, Angry Pirate, Wallin

Last edit: by Steelie Don.

Coho Cabin Fever Tournament - April 6th, 2019 Mar 28, 2019 8:16 pm #22937

• Tmik34
  • Thank you received: 1091
Well said Don!
-Lady M- Sea Ray 290 Amberjack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steelie Don

Coho Cabin Fever Tournament - April 6th, 2019 Mar 28, 2019 10:06 pm #22940

• Dirty
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
In my opinion, the best thing about this tournament is just getting guys together. Every class of angler will be there, the most seasoned to very new, where everyone stands a good chance at placing up at the top. Knowledge will be transferred, friends will be made, food and beer will be consumed. Hard to beat that ;)

Researchers from Michigan State University will be dropping by to do stomach samples as well, so good chance to meet some of those folks.
Boatless!

Last edit: by Dirty.

Coho Cabin Fever Tournament - April 6th, 2019 Mar 28, 2019 11:00 pm #22944

• Dirty
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Also - whether you put your boat in the day before, or the day of, there are free transient slips at Marina Shores. Just make sure to contact them (if going in the day before) and get a slip number from them. Its free. If there are any issues, call me.

For the weigh in, you can pull your boat up to a slip, or put it on the trailer and park in the Marina Shoes lot - entirely up to you.
Boatless!

Coho Cabin Fever Tournament - April 6th, 2019 Mar 31, 2019 4:19 am #22978

• bobejr
  • Thank you received: 66
How many days are the slip free for. just one or two? would like to maybe dock for a couple days to do a little pre fishing.

Coho Cabin Fever Tournament - April 6th, 2019 Mar 31, 2019 8:25 am #22979

• Dirty
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I would tend to guess its only for one night, but they may work with you. Give them a call and ask for Jimmy Weller. (219) 762-5770
Boatless!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bobejr